As we all know that, “Customer is King” is an age-old business mantra which certainly holds an important meaning. If your customer is unhappy and discontented with your services, they will tend to lose interest in your business. In such circumstances, it will be very difficult for you to survive in this fierce competition. Thus, it is necessary that you open heartedly welcome customer’s opinions. The best way to understand their needs is by requesting them for their feedback.
Customer feedback is the process of getting customer’s opinion about the business, products and services. It is considered as one of the most vital aspect where the marketers can avail insight of customer expectations and use them to improve their business effectively.
So, if you desire for your restaurant business to achieve success, take a look at the fifteen benefits of customer feedbacks.
- Improves Products and Services
With the feedback, your customers are indicating what they require, so listen to them carefully as it is the best way to improve your existing products and services. If the customers are happy and satisfied with the experience with your brand, they will keep coming back and are most likely to refer your brand to others.
But, if in any way your customers are frustrated with the products or services, make sure you correct them immediately. Your customers can make or break the business, so put your best foot forward and give them what they want.
- Aids in Assessing Customer Satisfaction
If your restaurant business is not doing well or you are unsure on why the customers are not visiting you frequently, start searching for the valid reasons before it is too late.
Customer satisfaction is the fantastic indicator of how likely guest will visit or refer your restaurant to others in future. In this competitive marketplace, it is essential that you create a comfortable environment to offer a good customer experience. Or else your customers have several options to explore.
By gathering customer feedback, you can easily determine if or not your customers are happy with the product or service.
- Enhances Customer Retention
A smart restaurant owner understands that the first visit of a customer is just a beginning. This is where the real business value lies in retaining that customer.
Studies have also found that it costs businesses nearly seven times more to acquire a new customer than to retain an existing one. Moreover, a simple 5% increase in customer retention can give you 75% more profits.
So, take a proactive approach to decrease the customer churn and enhance customer retention through customer feedbacks. It will help you in building and fostering constructive relationship with them. If you understand the expectations of the guests, identify and rectify the flaws suggested by them, you will improve the chances of customer retention.
- Provides Insights to Create Better Customer Experience
The customers are the lifeblood of any business. Thus, understanding them and improving the offerings as per their needs should be an all-time priority for a restaurant owner. Any feedback given by your guests holds an intricate information that will help you grow in future.
You can ask your customers about their feedback in order to know how satisfied they are with different aspect of services you offer or how well your menu meets their expectations. These valuable feedback can highlight severe problems that you might not be aware of and might require immediate remedial action.
- Boosts Customer Database for Better Business
Database - In simple terms it means collection of your customer’s contact details. Few years ago, customers had limited choices and their demands were attainable. Thus, the restaurant owner had all the power as customers had nowhere to go. Unfortunately, it is not the case today. With array of options available in the market, the power have shifted completely to the customers. So, in any way if they feel your service is underachieving, they will simply leave and start approaching another brand.
So how the customer data is useful? Here are few points to understand the benefits of customer database:
- It helps in interacting with customers directly for marketing purpose.
- To check their preferences so that next time you can offer discounts and coupons for better customer experiences.
- To find out what is trending
- To see how your customers are valuable to your business.
Customer satisfaction is precisely what will help your business grow and stand apart from the crowds. If your guests are content with the overall experience, they are bound to refer it to others thus increasing your customer database.
- Improves Customer Loyalty
If you are able to exceed the expectations of the customers through their feedback, you will definitely earn their loyalty. Moreover, if you are able to give them high value personalized experience even during negative reviews, it will make them realize that you care for them. By carefully listening to what your customers have to say and accordingly providing prompt solutions can boosts the credibility of business to a great extent.
Once your customer is emotionally attached with the brands, you can be assured that they will not explore any other options. In case in any bad days, if you cannot surpass your customer’s expectations, they will most likely forgive you and ignore those hiccups.
Thus, it is not wrong to say that customer feedback is one of the most important aspect of any business.
- Increases Referrals:
No doubt, every business requires a robust referral system to increase sales leads. Since referrals are the most cost-effective way to grow your business, it is important that you create a certain level of trust in your existing customers. Here are few tips that will help you boost the referrals:
- It is found that nearly 83% people share only negative feedback. However, even in these circumstances, if you deliver services that is so unique, distinctive, quick and special that will make your customer say “wow”, you can expect they are impressed. Once your customer is happy, they will promote your products without any hassles.
- If any customer appreciates your service, make sure you encourage them to tell others or post a positive review on your active social media website.
- One of the easiest way to get referrals is by offering promotional codes to customers which they can share it with their close friends and family. If they desire to avail this enticing offers, they will need to tell to two of their friends. In this way you can get several referrals which can be further useful to grow in the business.
- Another innovative way to get referrals is by building a chat room on your website. This will bring customers together. This community will be extremely helpful to know what the expectations of the customers are. Also, it will be a great way to share reviews and stimulate word-of-mouth.
Though, these tips might take a little bit of more time, but if you strengthen your marketing efforts in this area you will soon see referrals pouring in.
- Has a Competitive Advantage
Restaurant business is highly risky and instable. If you do not use new technologies to impress customers or do not have great transparency, your business is certainly going to fail. Thus, never forget that all of your business strategy should come down to winning and retaining customers. If you can intertwine end product and customer feedback, you are more likely to reap strong competitive advantages. If your customers are happy with your tempting services, they will remain loyal and keep coming back to you.
- Boosts Morale and Motivation
It is found that employees with high morale can serve customers better and those customers tend to visit you frequently because they are more satisfied and happy. However, the question here arises, how customer feedback enhances ones morale and motivation. The answer is very simple. Everyone likes to be appreciated. But appreciation comes from doing great job. It is necessary that a restaurant owner has a great eye in searching good team members. A professional employee having knowledge and strategy to impress customers can certainly gain compliment easily.
- Builds Relationship with Customers
It is now extremely important to create and nurture a strong relationship with your customers because it is an excellent way to ensure that your customers will keep coming back to you. It also means that the chances of customer recommending the restaurant are greatly enhanced.
Here are few strategies to build strong relationship with customers:
- Know your customers in person like ask their name when they enter your restaurant and their personal preferences on menu.
- Make sure to take their contact details so that in future you can send emails and messages to provide exciting discounts and coupons.
- You can always encourage them to join you on social media websites. There you can hold various contest or engaging games to grab their attention.
- Listening to your customers’ needs and wants plays a vital role in building a long lasting relationship. If your customers have any queries or opinions regarding your product and services, ensure to reply them immediately.
Seeking suggestions from your customers on new products will not only build customer loyalty but also improve your business. Let your customers know that you value them completely.
- Increases Employee’s Engagement
It is vice versa. When an employee is engaged, they preach the benefits of your brand and deal with customers enthusiastically; and when your customers are happy with such an amazing services they will provide positive feedback. This will certainly boost the morale of your employee and at the end improves profitability of the business.
- Shows Customers that their Opinions Matter
Happy customers are the valuable asset of any company. Thus, if you want to grow in the business successfully, create an excellent experience for your customers. Here are few techniques to make your customers recognize that their opinions are valued:
- Listen to your customers whenever they speak. No matter how much they criticize your services, apologize as soon as possible. Also give them an assurance that the mistake will never happen again.
- Whenever you ask for a feedback from your customers, apply it in your business immediately. Also let your customers know via a phone, email or social media website that you have improved in the business.
- Treat your customers as they are always right. Studies have found that happy customers whose issues are resolved talk about it to 4 to 6 people. This can create a positive word-of-mouth promotion.
- Be honest with your customers. Being transparent in this digital age is must because it is a critical factor in building trust and satisfaction among the customers.
No matter the circumstances, your customers are the king. So give them respect that they deserve.
- Roadmaps for Better Business Investment
If your restaurant is showing no profit since long time, it is high time that you find out what is the exact reason behind it. The best way to get real answer is by gathering feedback of your customers. It will help you know what your customers like, dislike and what they expect from you. Once you are aware with all the prospects of the customers, you can create a roadmap accordingly to generate more revenue in future.
- Helps in Spotting the Trend
Customer feedback is more than just customer experience with the brand. It can also help a restaurant owner to spot the trend. If a restaurant receives feedback from large percentage of customers mentioning similar request such as easy tool to connect with them, mobile app, discounts or easy online ordering, you should understand that this is something needs a quick response. If unable to fulfill the expectations, you will tend to lose several customers.
- Help in Repeat Business
A repeat business is only possible if you understand that a customer will spend money only on those brands where they are happy and comfortable. Thus creating an overall enthralling experience for a customer should be a top priority for any restaurant marketers. They should convince their customers that any feedbacks given by the customers will never fall deaf ears. Once your customers will gain faith, they will most likely to come back again and again.
Remember, customer feedback is not just an exercise but a key component of a successful business.